The practice of yoga can be adapted to benefit everyone, and all are welcome at our studio. We strive to offer a variety of classes to support the diversity of the Peterborough community, including Yoga for 50+, Beginners Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, and baby-friendly yoga classes.
Our weekly “Pay What You Can” Community Class helps make yoga is accessible for those who may be unable to afford regular studio classes.
The Willow Studio is also proud to host the LoveYourBrain program for the Peterborough area. This program supports people who have experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury and their caregivers through participation in community-based gentle yoga and meditation classes tailored to their needs.
Our studio is on ground level and is wheelchair and stroller accessible. Plenty of parking is also available. We have two gender-neutral washrooms.
Breastfeeding is welcome. Our larger washrooms is equipped with a change table and diaper genie, and we also have a quiet nook with a nursing pillow for more privacy.
We have consent cards for use during yoga classes so you can easily let us know if you’d prefer hands-on assists or be touch-free.
We recognize that there are many different reasons that people practice yoga, including for fitness, relaxation, spiritual enlightenment, stress release, healing or connecting with community, and we respect all motivations for coming to our studio. We strive to employ instructors with a variety of backgrounds so that you can find the right fit for your personal goals.
To encourage diversity in the yoga community and promote the benefits of yoga to a wider population, we have two bursaries available for community members who identify as Black, Indigenous, or Persons of Colour (BIPOC) and for whom cost is a barrier to attend classes at our studio. Each bursary will subsidize 4 months of an Auto-Renew Unlimited Membership at 75% off. The recipients are responsible for paying the remaining 25%. Click here to learn more and apply.
The Willow Studio has a zero tolerance policy for discrimination, and reserve the right to ask someone to leave if the safety of our community is threatened. Please be kind and respectful to each other.