Bursary Program

This bursary program was created in partnership with B YOGA and Halfmoon to encourage diversity in the yoga community and promote the benefits of yoga to a wider population, in particular to those who identify as Black, Indigenous or Persons of Colour.

Individuals from these groups often express that they feel unwelcome in the yoga community. We want to change that.

Eligibility: Two bursaries are available three times per year for individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, or Persons of Colour (BIPOC) and for whom cost is a barrier to attend classes at our studio.

Award: Each bursary will subsidize 4 months of an Unlimited Membership at 75% off. The recipient would be responsible for paying the remaining 25%.  The approximate total value of this subsidy is $360 + HST. Each recipient will also receive a Yoga Starter Kit that includes a B MAT Everyday Yoga Mat, 2 Halfmoon 3″ Foam Blocks, and one Halfmoon 6′ Essential Studio Strap ($130 value).

Application Process: Applications are reviewed 3 times per year to be eligible for class passes starting in January, May and September.  Please apply by December 15th, April 15th, or August 15th using the form below to be considered for the following month.

  • Applications received after the deadline cannot be processed – you’ll have to wait until the next deadline to apply.
  • Applicants must reside in the Peterborough area in order to attend in-person classes at our studio.
  • Both current clients and new clients are welcome to apply.
  • Your chance of receiving this bursary will depend on how many others apply.
  • Recipients may receive the bursary more than once. If there are no applications for a term, we’ll reach out to current recipients to see if they want to renew. Recipients will only be eligible to receive one Yoga Starter Kit, even if they receive several rounds of subsidized classes.
  • A 4 month commitment to taking classes at our studio is required to receive this bursary.
  • You may choose to reject this bursary if you are chosen as the recipient, but you can’t transfer your classes.
  • Participation in this program and receipt of the bursary is confidential – the identity of applicants and recipients will never be shared by us.

To apply for our next intake, please complete and submit this form by December 15th, April 15th, or August 15th. If you are one of the two successful applicants, you will be notified by the 20th of December, April, or August.